Tim Gunn: Captain of the USS Enterprise NCC-1701-D?

Wednesday, April 2, 2008


This is a quick sketch I did to cheer my husband up upon getting off of a 12 hour shift. Our two favorite shows are Project Runway and Star Trek: The Next Generation. We're huge dorks (obviously) and are constantly coming up with new people we think would be hilarious suitable replacements for Picard. Can't you just imaging Tim Gunn on the bridge telling the crew to "make it work people, engage"? (another favorite is Alex Trebek)

This was my first time trying a portrait in pen and ink, so the hair is messed up and the shading is a bit off. It still makes me giggle, though! I'm planning on redrawing it and taking more time at some point.

Details:
9x12 Canson Drawing paper
Prismacolor Premier Archival marker, black, 03 and 05 nibs
Prismacolor Premier Color Pencil

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristina,

I think the picture is great.

Jan-jan